January Haul 2016


Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting a couple of things that I want to share with you guys today. Some items I got for Christmas and some has been on my wishlist, other I saw on Instagram and some was magazine inspired. I love trying new products.


Elizabeth Arden Day to Night Color Collection

This was my best bargain EVER! It is quite a big selection of make-up. Everything you will need to create the most beautiful look for day or night. you get two eight pan eyeshadows containing a blush aswel. The packaging feels sturdy and has a decent size mirror on the inside. Then you also get a full size mascara. Next up is the two eyeliners - a navy and a black. You also get two lip liners - a berry pink and a metallic bronze-brown one. In the collection there is two lip-glosses as well, A pink and a glittery nude color. No collection will be complete without lippies. This collection includes 4 shades - a pretty pink, a deep berry, a warm brown and a browny mauve color. They all seem very creamy on the lips. You also get a setting / highlighting power, three brushes and a bottle of their make-up remover. These items may not be part of their permanent range but all the colors is beautyful and I am sure I will get a lot of use of them.



L'Oreal Color Rich Collection by Eva - Delicate Rose

A comfortable mauve pink. Its a color you can wear everyday, and is very moisturising. This range aims to have a pink / nude shade for all skin tones and hair color. The packaging feels expensive and I think it suites the lippie very well.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm

I really need some help with my chapped and dry lips. It's always a struggle to keep them looking healthy. The consistency of the balm is something I have to get use to, but I have noticed a difference within a week of using this lip balm. It contains shea butter, palm tree butter and honey extract to help lock in the moisture and soothe my lips. Petrolatum and Arnica Flower oil help to heal chapped lips and the Vitamin E & A help to smooth and repair lips. I hope this will help to repair my lips and keep them looking plump and healthy.



Benefit Blush in Dandelion

This blush is a bit of a splurge. It's a beautiful peachy pink blush. The packaging is awesome, it is in a box form and has a magnetic clip at the bottom for secure closure. The brush fits perfect inside on top of the blush in a plastic casing. This blush is very natural and the best part is the teeny tiny gold specs in the blush. It does not really show in the pan or on the skin but provides a beautiful glow that looks healthy and glowing. 


DKNY - Be Delicious

My husband gave me this perfume for Christmas. It's a well known perfume with a fresh and fruity scent. It's young and flirty. The top notes include grapefruit, cucumber and magnolia. Middle notes is; Rose, Lilly and green apples. Base notes is; Sandalwood and amber. I usually like the DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom but I am looking forward to change it up a bit.


Davidoff - Coll Water

What a complex perfume! This was part of my Christmas gift. It smells fresh and light and clean. When I looked up the notes on this perfume there was just too many to name. I have never seen a perfume with so many notes - Fruits, flowers, Honey, Musk and sandalwood. My husband choose well. I haven't really seen this perfume in the stores before and will keep an eye open to see if I can find it again once this one is finished.


MAC Prep & Prime Beauty Balm + Eye Shadow in Antiqued & Embark

I am in the market for a new BB Cream. The BB cream that I have been using the last few monts has been discontinued ( I think - I can not find it anymore). Now, I have to admit that the sales person applied it in store and I have not worn it since then. I'm first  finishing my current tube. This BB Cream did however feel light on the skin and it evened out my skin and covered the redness. Once I start using this BB Cream I will do a review.

The eyeshadows I got to try and recreate a look I saw on the Instagram account of Mixedgembeauty. If I succeed I might post a look.


Clicks Face Masks

I am currently looking to resolve two issues - deep cleansing and hydration. I got these masks about two weeks ago and I waited until after new year to try them, just in case I break out. I tried them this past weekend and a review will follow soon.


Wet & Wild Silver Lake Collection.

This is a limited edition by Wet & Wild. The Eyeshadows is fun and funky. I do feel that some of the palettes need a matte transition color and some of the shadows is a bit powdery but overall the quality is awesome for the price. I think that in conjunction with some other shadows, one can create the most stunning look. There is also a lot of ideas on Youtube using these palettes. 


 Notebooks = Planner

This year I have decided that I wanted to be more organised. I want to plan things ahead. Putting myattention towards planning meals, blog posts, birthdays ect. My mom and myself is also writing a diary everyday. This is not the typical teenager diary. I write down my hopes and dreams, my disappointments and encouragements. I also write down everyday what I am grateful. 2016 will be a great year!

Tell me about the goodies you got lately.

Love ya
Melanie 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,