Essence Happy Girls are Pretty


This is not the post I had planned for today, but I popped into Clicks over the weekend and spotted the Essence Happy girls are Pretty trend edition. This range is selling out like sweet cakes, and with good reason. It is so girly and pretty. I  picked up a few bits from the collection that I thought I would use the most.


Sheer Lip Balm

I picked up both of the lip balms. They are smooth and creamy and allows for the perfect application. They glide on and feel really moisturising. At first they are extremely pigmented for a lip balm, but the color fades soon after application and leave behind a nice subtle tint but still feels moisturising. The lip balms come in two shades 01 - Pretty you (described as a rodewood color) I want to say it's one of those "your lips, but better" kind of colors. The other color is 02 - Live, Laugh, Love and repeat (a pretty pink). They smell fruity and delicious. I am sure I will get lots of use out of these darlings.


Multi Color Blush in 01 - You Sweeten my day

First of all, let's take a moment and appreciate the prettiness of this blush. I swooned when I saw this pretty blush. The pigmentation is a bit on the low side but this is not necessarily a bad thing. The low pigmentation allows you to use this as an everyday blush. It is also the prefect blush for the more neutral looks. I am packing this into my work makeup bag and I will put it to the test this coming week.

  

Ultra Slim Eye Pencil

Just take a look at that thin liner. I  find it interesting and I have high hopes for these liners. The range have two colors, 01 - Happy girls rock, a cool grey liner and 02 - The choco side of life, a nice deep brown. I find that these liners blend into nothingness but I will most certainly try and set them with the eyeshadow palettes in the range. I think the liners and the eyeshadow palette colors compliment each other and I hope this will enhance the staying power and blending. I also found that they break very easily, so be careful when using them.

  

Eyeshadow Palette

I absolutely love these colors. They swatched easy on my hand and felt soft on the touch. I hope they keep the pigmentation when using a brush. Most of the shadows have a sheen to them, there is one glittery shade and one matte (to highlight the brow bone). Pinks and nudes are all the rave now, so these palettes hit the mark in the color range. The pink palette is 01 - Happiness is... seeing your smile and the brown palette is called 02 - Happiness is... Following your heart. I can not wait to play around withe these palettes, maybe I can even create a nice look for Valentines day?!?

Like I said, this range is selling out quickly. If you are interested in getting something from the range I suggest you run to your nearest Clicks as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you do pick up something from the range please leave a comment below and let me know what you got and what you think of it.

Love ya
Melanie


Labels: , , , , ,