Melanie Bakes - Turkish Delight


I love treats - Chocolates is my favorites - and I love making them just as much as eating them. I can not remember why I Google a Turkish Delight recipe but I am so glad I did. It is so simple and easy to make and it looks and sounds extremely impressive. It also doubles up a very cool B-day present if you have a friend that has got a birthday close before pay day.

I found the most awesome recipe on Yuppie Chef (recipe will be posted at the end of the post). Being a recipe from a local company makes me think of "local is lekker"

The ingredients is easy to come by - the only problem might be the rosewater but you can find that at any baking shop.

The Ingredients you will need :

25g Gelatine
260ml water
450g Caster Sugar
3-4 tsp or rose water (to taste)
A few drops of pink / red food coloring

For Dusting you will need:

1tbs Icing Sugar
1tsp Cornflour

Method:

  1.  Grease your pan / silicone ice trays (I use these cause they are already n blocks and easy to pop out.
  2. Mix the Gelatine, water and rosewater together. Then add the caster sugar
  3. Slowly heat, stirring continuously, until the sugar and gelatine has dissolved (this is very important, as you could en up with grainy texture if its not dissolved properly).
  4. Bring to a boil, with out stirring
  5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins. 
  6. Remove from the heat and add the food coloring (the more you add the more intense the color will be.
  7. Poor the mixture in your ice trays or a baking tin, cover with a papertowl or a dishcloth and let it set at room temperature for 24 hours
  8. If you used a baking tin you can take the mixture out when it is set and cut it into squares. I you used the ice trays just pop them out.
  9. Combine the dusting ingredients and roll your blocks in the mixture until they are well coated
  10. If you are not going to eat them all right away, remember to store them in an airtight container



You can serve this as and after dinner delight, add it to a high tea party or even put it in creative packaging as a gift. It is really easy to make and extremely affordable to make and delivers a massive impact.

Should you recreate them please leave a message or photo on my social media and on YuppieChef's, I will be thrilled.
For the official recipe please click the link

Love ya
Melanie


Labels: , , ,