Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Womens Day - Giveaway!!!



Every year when we celebrate women's day here in South Africa, I never really thought about what it entails and what the purpose was. I was just thankful for the public holiday. But there is a whole story behind Women's Day.

Wikipedia states the following : "National Women's Day is a South African public holiday celebrated annually on 9 August. The day commemorates the 1956 march of approximately 20 000 women to the Union Buildings in Pretoria to petition against the country's pass laws that required South Africans defined as "black" under The Population Registration Act to carry an internal passport, known as a pass, that served to maintain population segregation, control urbanisation, and manage migrant labour during the apartheid era. The first National Women's Day was celebrated on 9 August 1994.[1] In 2006, a reenactment of the march was staged for its 50th anniversary, with many of the 1956 march veterans."

Now I am not really all that much into politics and all that jazz but I am sure that we all know a women who grew stronger despite her short comings or circumstances. We all know a woman who take charge and  tr to make the world a better place. This march just shows the power of taking hands and standing together.

We as women should embrace who we are, with or without makeup and learn how to stand together and support and uplift each other. Every women has got her own insecurities and rather to exploit that we should build on what is good and positive.

I have put together a little giveaway to celebrate one lucky beautiful lady, let me show you what I got;



Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette

If applied correctly, blush provides that healthy glow to the skin. I have lately really been loving using the Blush Artist palette from Catrice and it was the first blush I thought of when I started putting this giveaway together. It is pigmented and the colors are gorgeous, you get different blush colors for if and when you want to change things up a bit.



Essence 2 in 1 Eye Shadow & Liner

I have been so impressed with these shadow sticks! Initially I only purchased the blue / grey one, but since then I almost bought all 5 colors. When they dry down they do not budge for anyone or anything. These two colors are my favorites - Peach Perfect and Go Bronze. They work well as an eyeshadow base or just a wash of color on their own on the lid. A stunning product without breaking the bank. 



Inglot Freedom System Palette

If you have watched any Q&A video on Youtube, one question that always get asked is the "for the rest of your life" question. Now if I were to use only one brand of eye shadows for the rest of my life, it will most definitely be Inglot! Go check out their website. Their shadows are pigmented and soft and they stay all day. I have not came across any of their shadows that are patchy or chalky. They are just amazing. 



Essence Gel Eye Liner Pencil 

You can not leave a look without using some eyeliner. For me waterproof liner is essential. I have weird eyes, they eat any color I put in my waterline. Now for this giveaway I chose a brown liner because it it not as harsh as a black liner and not everyone is adventurous enough to use blue or green in their waterline.



Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

My holy grail mascara! The Roller Lash has the perfect formula and the wand is just revolutionary. It is created with the idea of curling your lashes while applying mascara. This will open your eyes an make then look bigger. I have not experienced any transfer or flaking with this mascara and I highly recommend this. I just had to include this gem in my giveaway. 



Essence Velvet & Glossy Stick

At the beginning of this year I spotted these somewhere on the internet and I fell in love instantly. The glossy sticks do not last very long but they are awesomely moisturising and the do not cling to dry patches. Now, the velvet sticks are the exact opposite. They are extremely pigmented and lasts a bit longer than the glossy sticks. If you have dry lips, like me then you might experience the same as me - the product clung to my dry patches I am sure once you do a good lip exfoliation it will look much better. Every women should have a mauve pink and a sexy red. 



Avon Makeup Remover and lipstick sample

I think I have finished one lipstick in my whole life. I have too many to really finish one every now and again. These samples from Avon is perfect. It small but will last a good amount of time, this lippie in Fresh Fig is perfect for winter but also for the transition into spring. Im sure the winner will just love this.



Morgan Taylor Polish

If you have ever used a Morgan Taylor polish, you will know they apply like a dream. Every now and again they come out with gorgeous limited collections on top of their permanent range. The quality is awesome and the price is not too bad considering you get a lot of product. I have never finished a polish EVER before. I love this brand and I hope the winner will love them too.



Essence Makeup Bag

No giveaway can be complete without a gorgeous makeup bag. This bag is the perfect size to fit products that you will need for touch-ups during the day or for a night out on the town. 

Now let's get to the good part, the giveaway!
This giveaway will be open to South African residents only.
If you are under 18, please get permission from you parents to enter the gveaway

Use the Rafflecopter link below to enter the giveaway.
It will start 18 July 2016 and will close at midnight of 8 August 2016.
The winner will be announced on Instagram and Facebook on Woman 's day 9 August 2016.

Please feel free to share this giveaway on any of your social media platforms.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Love ya
Melanie

67 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sy was nog altyd daar vir jou :-) Treasure haar.

      Delete
  2. My favourite role model - Mmmm ... I have to say my Mom and my friend Voni - both don't know their strenght and inspiration they give others daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment you become a mom I'm sure you receive super powers.

      My mom was the best role model I could have ever asked for. Even to this day her words guide me and her voice calms me. I love her so much.

      Delete
  3. My mama bear! ☺ She's one of the strongest woman I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny as it may sound, I don't have one specific female role model. I look up to a lot of woman for various reasons. My mom, for her strength and wisdom. My colleague at work because she knows who she is she's completely confident and comfortable with herself, despite the fact that she's of a significant larger size. It's beautiful to see love for yourself in such a way. And then the old lady living across the road from me. She has more faith than I have ever seen in my life. Kudos to all the women in our lives and all the significance they bring into our lives, mostly without even being aware of it.
    Thanks Melanie for a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malala Yousifazi because as a young woman she survived an attempt on her life and who is now an outspoken advocate of female rights and female education in the Middle Eastand world. Malala Yousifazi has bravely spoken in the United Nations and continues to fight for girls to get an education in all corners of the globe, making her a perfect example of a female role model, which I admire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love smart and ambitious women who make a difference in their community and the world. Actresses like Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep. Amal Clooney is such a great role model for me as I study law and she's a barrister -- she is the epitome of style and elegance but also drive and intelligence. These are things I would love be one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melanie

    My role model definitely has to be my mother. You know they say daughters and fathers are closer and yes its true, but the love a mother and daughter share are on a completely different level. I also find inspiration from Strong south African women. I love that our women are so independent and thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyonce, she is fierce. Her music captures my heart and soul. I didn't know who to look up to growing up but she definitely fit the bill. She embodies a strong character and stands up for what she believes in. Now as an adult she is still my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Oprah Winfrey. Shes my inspiration. She certainly showed us that we can do anything from being nothing. Besides that she does so much of good and kind deeds for people. Shes simply amazing!!! I also Look up to my mom. After being abused for many years. She took the stand and left my father. Shes a strong women!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mummy , our fam has been thru alot of tragedies and my mum has been our rock thru and thru

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can it be anyone else but my awesome mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My female role model would be both my mum and my best friend. My mum, a tiny 5ft 4, is a huge pillar of strength. She has supported me through many ups and downs and always puts others ahead of herself. My best friend lives in England yet she never fails to be there for me within a matter of minutes when I need her. I strive to be as good of a person as they both are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My role model is my older sister. She has a amazing aura about her. She has the kindest heart but also can stand her ground. She has achieved the perfect balance in life and I pray to be like her one day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. My role model is definitely JK Rowling. Everyday she is helping to make the world a better place with all the work she does & the equality and love for all things she promotes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There aint no one more inspiring than my momma ♡ i will follow in her footsetps till my last breath

    ReplyDelete
  16. My female role model would definitely be my mother :) Yes perhaps people say so all the time but she is genuinely the kindest, most generous, most helpful, strongest (physically and emotionally), loving, supportive woman I've ever known ♥ Shes taken care of my father for 27 years and counting, my brother and I for 23 years and counting and has done a damn good job doing so! ♥ The household would honestly fall to pieces without her - Our rock, our little saint, our loving mother, who I shall always strive to be like one day ♥ We are so blessed to have her. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mommy! She has done everything for her 2 girls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My role model is my mom. From the age of 9 she thought me independence and how to be me. My mom has gone through many struggles such as supporting a alcholic husband. Mental challange son and taking care of my belated sister twins.. through it all she supported prison empowerment and many woman. My latest inspiration is recently my dad who she divource 15 years ago became very ill both legs amputated and lung cancer she take him for his hospital visits every 2nd day. And cook for him while still keeping the family strong. Over the 25 years my mom always encourage me and ensured me that im a strong woman... love her to bits... she is my super hero my role model

    ReplyDelete
  19. My female role model was my gran <3 she was such a lively wonderful woman and every day I think of her and try to be as fun loving and carefree as she was. She didn't let opinions of others get her down and she found a joke in every situation. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. My mom and my best friend - both face struggles head on and still have enough love and more to give others

    ReplyDelete
  21. My best friend, my pillar of strength, my helper, my everything my MOM ❤
    The most incredible and strong woman I know, beautiful and a humble heart
    Two years ago today she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast and lung cancer. we as her family have been there and supported her throughout this phase Today we found out she is CANCER FREE! The best news yet! All glory and honour to God for this wonderful miracle ❤

    ReplyDelete
  22. My female role model has to be my mom. She has shown me how hard work and perseverance pays out in the end. She spent most of my childhood working day and night shifts at the hospital to ensure that my brother and I went to the best school and now University. She worked hard and was fortunate enough to to move hospitals and is now in a non-trauma based hospital and is finally able to work a normal Monday to Friday job and spend more time with us. My mom has shown me that good things come to those who wait as long as you work hard and give your utmost best. She is more than mom but also my best friend and my partner in crime when it comes to annoying my dad and brother.

    Thanks for this amazing giveaway and I hope that you have a wonderful Mothers day too.
    x Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favourite role model would be my sister. No matter what life throws at her she keeps on and continues no matter how hard it is. I hope to be like her one day

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favourite role model would be my Mom. She was a single mom for years and she showed me what hard work was. She also taught me to be a strong, independent woman. Never to settle for anything less than I deserve and to stand up for what I believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My female role model is my gran. She was the most positive, fun, life- loving person I have ever known .

    ReplyDelete
  26. My mom. Single parent of 2 and never gave up no matter how hard things were.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It would without a doubt be my grandmother. She was the most loving, caring person anyone could ever have come across. Let me not get started on her cooking dammit that was the best. I loved her so much she was an amazing person both inside and out!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would have to say my mom, she's taught me how to be strong in dire times eg her house burned down a week ago and she lost everything but she's been comforting me and reassuring me that everything would be okay. I can't imagine being that strong and if I win, I'll give this to her as she deserves to be spoiled and loved everyday

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey there!�� Definitely my mom��. I find it absolutely incredible how she can show unconditional love everyday even when my sister and I don't deserve it! She inspires me to be the best person that I can be and most importantatly? Just to work so hard, for myself and my future, and to be fearless. I'd also have to say Angelina Jolie! The amount of work that she does for the world is really just inspiring. Having a family, a career and doing humanitarian work is the definition of a strong, inspiring woman. She doesn't allow anyone to stop her or what she's aiming towards. I guess both my mother and Angelina Jolie have taught me something that - to be strong and a fearless woman, just like the song played at the march in 1956 (now you have touched the women, you have struck a rock) and to feel beautiful in your skin no matter what anyone says. �����

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, it's hard to choose who my role model are, since i have three amazing wonderful women that i admire, but out of them i must say it's got to be my mother, we didn't had this close relation when i was very young at all. It's only recently that we are more like friends than mother and daugter.

    When things overwhelm me she's the one that are there for me - a shoulder to cry on and when i'm sick she will be there to comfort me.

    She's always there to encourage me even when i have to work late during the night she will pop in to check up on me. I'm glad that she's still in my life, without her my life would be dull!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My female role model is and always will be my late mother. I lost her when I was very young and I had to face a life without her. I never truly realised how valuable a mother was until I reached my 20s and found myself needing her for more and more reasons. She was a selfless human being. She loved animals. She loved her family. She put everyone else as first priority and even in the last week of her life. She still took me to the mall to see my friends for close of term. Unbeknownst to me, she was extremely Ill and never said a word.

    I aspire to be her. In every way. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  32. My female role model is and always will be my late mother. I lost her when I was very young and I had to face a life without her. I never truly realised how valuable a mother was until I reached my 20s and found myself needing her for more and more reasons. She was a selfless human being. She loved animals. She loved her family. She put everyone else as first priority and even in the last week of her life. She still took me to the mall to see my friends for close of term. Unbeknownst to me, she was extremely Ill and never said a word.

    I aspire to be her. In every way. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  33. My role model has to be all the strong south african women. I feel so proud to see women like yourself, make a mark on the beauty industry.

    I strongly believe that we, as the women of South Africa, should show love and support to one another. So to all the strong, independent women of South Africa, Thank you... for giving youngsters like myself, someone to look up too, especially to those that don't have that motherly figure to look up too.

    Happy Women's day to all the wonderful women (in advance) <3 =)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would say my MOM, she's been my rock since day one!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My mom and my sister, both are brave and strong and both are constant anchors in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My role model is my mother. She has overcome so many battles and is a God-fearing woman, she fights her battles in prayer and leads our family in Christ. There is nothing more important than teaching your children the power of Faith and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My role model is my best friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. My mother , she has the biggest heart and selflessly does everything for everyone else

    ReplyDelete
  39. My mother , she has the biggest heart and selflessly does everything for everyone else

    ReplyDelete
  40. This may sound strange,but my rolemodels are my adult daughters,They are exceptional young women :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. My role model is my mom. She is the strongest person I know and has a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I look up to every woman who stood up when she did not knew she could be strong, took control of her life and changed it for the good.

    ReplyDelete
  43. My mom is my absolute favorite. i look up to her every second of my life. she has kept on the right path since day one. I love you mammabeer!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dominique MackaiserAugust 4, 2016 at 9:13 PM

    Someone very close to me who passed, the strongest woman I knew. She will always be my role model ♡

    ReplyDelete
  45. My grandmother is my role model. She was the mother I never had and an amazing woman all around. She has a tiny heart, with room for everyone. Thanks for an awesome giveaway. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I know this sounds cheesy and you have heard this before. But my mom was the nicest, most loved person I knew. She had this way of making everyone feel special and comfortable. I try to pepper my salty behaviour with her in mind. She keeps me balanced.. Know what I mean? Miss her every damn day...

    ReplyDelete
  47. My grandma.. She's practically raised me. I was blessed to grow up under her wing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. My grandma.. She's practically raised me. I was blessed to grow up under her wing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. My mum , she has taught me so much and has always supported me and motivated me.i would not be the person that i am without her.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have 2 sisters and my mom, all three of them are definitely my role models. Being the baby of the family, I grew up with a good set of morals and values which I use everyday.
    I'm so blessed to not only have one role model, but three!
    Love you three, so much ❤

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow this is such a hard question.
    I don't know who my role model is because there's something in every woman I know that's role model worthy.
    My mom and how she doesn't care what people thing.
    Both my grandmothers' strength.
    The way my friend Janette loves and the way Beulah is fearless and explores.
    How Sara is who she is without apology.
    I've never had one role model because I think I've always been blessed with having amazing women around me.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have a ton of favourite female role models but the first and most important is my mom �� She taught me the importance of being independent, she taught me strength and she managed to raise an educated, young woman all on her own ❤️ I'd really love to win this one, I've had my eye on some of those products for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  53. My female role model would have to be a fellow Blogger and Business Owner, Claire Kivedo. She is a mum like me and has impeccable Business Ethics :) Great post and giveaway :) #sablogtribe #flashesof

    ReplyDelete
  54. My female role model would have to be a fellow Blogger and Business Owner, Claire Kivedo. She is a mum like me and has impeccable Business Ethics :) Great post and giveaway :) #sablogtribe #flashesof

    ReplyDelete
  55. My Mom is my role model. Through thick and thin my mom has always been there for me, not only a mother but a best friend, a guardian angel and a shoulder to cry on. There is no bond greater then a mother and daughter! I am truly blessed to have such a kind, generous, understanding, loving, nurturing, treasurable and special mom in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  56. My female role model is my Std 4 teacher. She taught me the power of kindness and believing in people.

    ReplyDelete
  57. My female role model is Angelina Jolie. I admire her goodwill efforts and the fact that she adopted so many needy kids. Her big heart is something i strive for

    ReplyDelete
  58. My favorite role model is Guliana Rancic. She works hard and I love her personality! What a great hamper you have put together!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I tried to enter and it says the competition is closed but it states it'll only close at midnight tonight?��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, let me quickly check it out and let you know. So sorry bout that.

      Delete