Favorites : August 2016


When I look at this picture I see all the necessities that helped me get through this month. I am under extreme pressure at work and to be honest my body, soul and mind is just a bit tired at the moment. I enjoy blogging so much and at the moment it is one of the things that is keeping me strong at the moment. This space is a happy space where we think happy thoughts and play with goodies that excite us. Let me tell you why this items kept me going.


Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

Some mornings I go in early to the office and jump right into getting the work done. Not even putting on any makeup. This lipstick is perfect for just throwing it on the lips. It does not need a mirror and feels very comfortable on the lips. The color is also perfect, a natural redish pink color. I think this range has been discontinued and I'll be heartbroken when this lippie is finished.


Elizabeth Arden Superstart

Although I have not worn alot of makeup this month I enjoyed some skincare. This superstart from Elizabeth Arden is amazing, it is hydrating and allows your other sincare items to penetrate faster into the skin. It smells lovely and is very luxurious, a bit on the pricey side but worth it. It helped my skin look healthy and in turn lifted my spirit every now and again.


Elizabeth Arden Untold

I got this sample a while ago and I have been using it very sparingly. It smells clean and sweet  and a tiny bit spicy. I am seriously considering getting the biggest bottle I can get my hands on. I feel uplifted and light when I wear this perfume and it lasts quite a while on me. It really made me feel happy thoughts. 



Clinique Cheek Pop in 03 Berry Pop

I love this blush, it's very pigmented and can create a gorgeous healthy flushed look. It looks very pink in the pan, but when you use a light hand it creates the perfect blush. I also want to try ginger pop and one day I will get it and maybe do a review on them both. The pattern is also gorgeous and quite deeply imprinted. Still a favorite from July.


Amway Daily Vitamins

I know a lot of people do not believe in a multi vitamin, Expensive wee, Right? Well I found this  one to be a bit different. It would seem like my body use most of the ingredients. It is food based and not chemical. It only takes 3 hours from harvesting the ingredients to pill form. That way it holds all the nutritional values you need.    


Essemce Smokey 2 in 1 Khol Liner

This liner was part of my July haul - check it out here - It is a no fuss liner and lasts a decent amount of time. My only concern is to keep that sharpened tip, when it gets dull I believe it will make lining the eyes a bit harder. But this month it worked quite well, a bit of BB Cream, the blush I mentioned, a quick coat of mascara and the eye shadow I'm about to mention paired with the Revlon lipstick was my quick go to face. 


Morphe Eye Shadow in Addiction

This is another favorite that spilled over from July - have a look here - It is a gorgeous shadow and makes it easy to slap all over the lid and call it a day. It can also be used to create a smokey eye and use this color to darken the look. It's a gorgeous color, I have used it tons and it barely made a dent in the pan and the other thing is that it almost blends itself. Lastly, the pan is huge and will take a long time to finish.

What was the items that you enjoyed this month? Tell me in the comments below.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,