Testblock : August 2016


If you follow me on Instagram you would be familiar with my #testblock series. I thought it good to do a quick round up at the end of each month and quickly run through the month's #testblock items. Follow me on Instagram here to get your daily doses of #testblock and so much more



Week 1

Garnier Micellar Water - I swear by this. It is awesome for removing makeup or cleaning up when you made a mistake. It's affordable and great value for money
Nivea Body Moisturizer - This is a very thin lotion, it takes a while to absorb but it is not super oily. It gets the job done but it's nothing worth writing home about.
Glister Toothpaste - The tube is smaller than normal toothpaste tubes, this is so that one will not use too much at once. It helps for sensitive teeth and also does a good job at keeping your breath fresh.
Elizabeth Arden Capsules - These capsules are extremely moisturizing and hydrating. They are super helpful during these winter months. I will most definitely be purchasing a full size soon. 
You have been mangoed bath oil - Lush is one of my favorite places in the world and I love their products. This bath oil contains  mango and avocado oil. It also contains lemon, lemongrass and lime. It's  very fresh scent and will surely uplift any mood or state of mind. I really recommend this.


Week 2

My good friend Lynette from PinkPurpleDots were my guest on #testblock this week and she had good products on here list.

Avon Planet Spa Heavenly Hydrating Face Mask - A Gel olive oil based face mask that is perfect for hydrating the skin and making it look healthy. Use once or twice a week to combat inter dry skin. 
Lush Seanik Solid Shampoo - perfect for traveling as they take almost no space. The sea salt which is the main ingredient helps to add volume to the hair.
Avon Intensive Relief SOS Body Balm - Helps to get rid of texture from extreme dry skin. Good for elbow, knees and heels. The formula is rather tick. 
Lush Outback Mate Soap - Perfect to gently wake you up in the morning with it's zingy, eucalyptus, lemongrass and peppermint smell


Week 3

Esssence Long Lasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty - Very pigmented and smells amazing. It applies easily and is relatively long lasting and it very affordable.
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie - It's like a balm but with color, it seriously looks like you are wearing lipstick but it feels like you are wearing a balm. Great Lippie
Cipria Milano - Super pigmented, awesome color for everyday use and any type of look.
MAC Twig - Suits a lot of makeup looks and also a lot of skin tones. It has a satin finish and is described as a soft muted brownish pink. Gorgeous!
Elizabeth Rose Petal - A stunning mauve pink with a stunning formula. A true splurge item but so worth it!



Week 4

Woolworths Lipstick in Red - An awesome pigmented and creamy lipstick that applies beautifully. It's not matte and also does not have have the best longevity but it's very comfortable.
Mary-Louminizer - It can be used as a subtle highlighter or you can most certainly build it up! I has got no glitter and is very finely milled but provides a gorgeous glow.
Benefit They're Real Mascara - The longer bristles in the front makes it nice and easy to coat the inner corners. I enjoy the formula and I am still considering purchasing the full product.
L.A. Girl Contour Stick in Suede - The perfect color for contouring, just a bit disappointed that this products blends a bit blotchy and into nothingness.
Essence Mosaic Blush - Such a pleasure! It's pigmented, blends beautiful and a stunning color. Enjoying this blush so much, I'm considering getting another color from the range.


Week 5

MAC Mineralised Skinfinish - Sets my base in place without making me look flat. A little goes a ling way and it does not make me look washed out. I have to admit that there is products out there that can do the same job at a more affordable price
MAC Mineralised blush in Uplifting - A sparkly blush but a natural color. It hints on a browny / orangy color. Not my fave but I do use it from time to time.
Essence Eyeliner Pen - A very affordable eyeliner that is great for beginners. I just found that it dried up very quickly and battled against glitter eye shadows when I came to pigmentation.
Essence I Like Long lashes - Separates lashes perfectly and it's quite black. It lasts quite well but I do find a tiny bit of transfer to my under eyes. It is also a bit crunchy but very affordable.
Rubybox Smooch Stick in Red My Mind - A smooth and pigmented lipstick. It does not smell like much but its a gorgeous wear. Only downside is that you need to sharpen the lipstick. 

Please join me every week's morning around 7 O'clock to see a new testblock item being put on the "chopping board". If there is a specific product you like me to try out, please let me know in the comments below.

Love ya
Melanie