Monthly Faves : July 2017


Hi guys, I am so sad that the weekend is over and that it is the start to a whole new week. I surely can do with three more days of just chilling at home, but none the less I have a handful of products that I adored this month. You will see there is a theme running through this month's faves, the word is hydration. Winter can be harsh, hence all the goodies to keep my skin nice and moisturized. Let me tell you all about the products that carried me in the month of July.


Nivea Daily Essentials Shine Control Moistursing Day Cream

Thanks to Good Housekeeping Magazine I got to try this day cream (see my Beauty Edit post here), now I cannot go without it anymore. I enjoy using rich and hydrating products in the evening and then only my Elizabeth Arden serum and this moisturizer in the morning. This day cream is meant for oily skin and has got SPF15, its amazing on the skin and leaves my skin feeling hydrated but not shiny, oh and the best part it's affordable.


Dove Derma Spa Cashmere Comfort Hand Cream

This tube has got a permanent space on my desk at the office. Whenever my time gets wasted on the phone I go to my happy place and lather my hands in this cream. I have to admit, it is a little bit oily and it does take a while to sink into my skin, but it's so worth it and the smell is devine. It retails for R63, which is a little bit steep (the rest of the range is also a bit pricy), but My hands are thanking me right about now.


Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

This is a miracle oil! Its hydrating and makes everything you put on top of it, sink into your skin. On days when I need extra hydration I add this either on its own, or to my moisturizer. Yes it is expensive, but I promise you it is so worth it! Its an excellent investment in your skin.


Elizabeth Arden White Tea

This is definitely a grown up scent, its not like any other fragrance I have in my collection. The top notes are mandarine, sage, fern and sea notes. It is in the middle notes where the white tea comes in together with white Iris. It then settles in notes of amber, tonka beans, ambrette and exotic woods. These are not your typical notes, at least not in the fragrances that I usually pick up. The scent is very earthy and I feel that its more a winter fragrance, in saying that, it's not heavy nor is it dark. I still stand by my opinion of it being light and fresh, but because of the the overwhelming earthy scents I feel it is a fragrance that goes well with a scarf, boots and a beanie. Its gorgeous and sophisticated.


L'Occtane Creme Mains Hand Cream

I told you guys that there is very strong theme throughout this month's favorites post - hydration. And this hand cream is no exception. When I had a bad day at the office or a super busy day, this hand cream is the last step in my evening routine. Its so luxurious and the smell is heavenly. Not only does it do a great job at keeping my hands soft like a baby's butt cheeks, it also calms the soul and my mind and allow me to get ready to take on the next day. Its a BIG claim for such a tiny tube, I know (any donations for a full size is welcomed :-) )  


MAC Mineralized Blush in Dainty

I have repurchased this blush at least a second time (this then being my third Dainty blusher). I absolutely adore this color. It is that perfect healthy flushed pink without making me look like a dolled up Barbie. Its one of those blushers that you reach for without thinking. I highly recommend this, if you do not know what to get from MAC.


Catrice Glam & Doll Mascara

I have found this mascara to be an easy everyday mascara. Its easy to apply, separate my lashes nicely, stay put all day and is easy to take off at the end of the day. I do not see any dramatic volumising or sculpting when using it. This mascara got stuck in my office bag and got used over and over again and I enjoy the formula and the wand, I just feel that its nothing to write home about unless you want your people to know you found a comfortable easy going mascara. 

These were all the goodies I loved in the month of July. What made you get through the month and if you could recommend one product what would it be. Let me know in the comments below.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,